I'm a computer science student at the University of Pennsylvania. I'm working on
robot learning in the GRASP Laboratory,
where I'm fortunate to be mentored by Jason Ma and advised by Dinesh Jayaraman, Osbert Bastani, and Jianbo Shi. My interests are multimodal
representations, large language models, and reinforcement learning for intelligent, robust embodied
Previously, I've interned at Fungible, Anduril Industries, and Hudson River Trading. I've also dabbled in traditional art and game development.
- Oct 2023: Taught a robot hand some pen spinning tricks with evolutionary reward design—Eureka!
- Aug 2023: Met awesome people at CMMRS, hosted by MPI-SWS, Cornell, and University of Maryland.
- May 2023: Real robot experiments for multimodal representations (LIV) released on arXiv.
- Aug 2021: Started school at Penn.
- Aug 2020: Played Snake with evolutionary algorithms and tensor decomposition, mentored
by Ryan Solgi.
Eureka: Human-Level Reward Design via Coding Large Language Models
Yecheng Jason Ma, William Liang, Guanzhi Wang, De-An Huang, Osbert Bastani, Dinesh Jayaraman, Yuke Zhu, Linxi "Jim" Fan, Anima Anandkumar
(paper, website, code)
LIV: Language-Image Representations and Rewards for Robotic Control
Yecheng Jason Ma, William Liang, Vaidehi Som, Vikash Kumar, Amy Zhang, Osbert Bastani, Dinesh
arXiv, 2023 (extended ICML)
RSS Workshop on Utilizing Language for Robot Learning (Oral), 2023
Tensor Shape Search for Optimum Data Compression
Ryan Solgi, Zichang He, William Liang, Zheng Zhang